Monday, July 25, 2016

nasi minyska


So two weekends back I had this incredible urge to eat nasi minyak and made nasi minyak I did! Okay lah so I was kinda stressed out because Giant ran out of 'pewarna kuning telur' but tawakal sajorks. Made ayam masak merah (both recipes courtesy of aziejaya) and topped it with my SIL's delicious acar buah - you can reach her at @kulinari_umijune if you wanna order!

Alhamdulillah it turned out good! Well the rice was slightly bland (needed more ghee it seems) but ayam masak merah was delicious. Invited my brother over - who eats ayam masak merah almost on a daily basis - and dia tambah 3x! 

So last weekend I decided to make them again for husband's pot luck. While the nasi minyak menjadi (finally found pewarna and threw in raisins as well) but the ayam masak merah was blergh. Probably I shouldn't mix cili giling with the rest of the blended items. I danna. Felt such like a failure. Eceh.

Maybe I should attempt to do nasi beriani from scratch next. Still have a lot of beras basmathi at home anyway. :)

No comments: