Thursday, July 28, 2016

last week's hari ini dalam sejarah


I think my heart dropped when I read this message from my husband. I was in a meeting at the time. Mind you, it was only my fourth day at work and I can’t afford to be losing my focus.

To back track a bit, the day before, my car won’t start. It happened on Wednesday evening last week, while I was all geared to go home. You know what’s the irony? The car is scheduled for servicing the next day! I managed to restart the car when the service guy came (FML) and drove home. We knew the car will not start the next day and Roy can just call the service centre to get the car fixed.

To cut a long story short, tow truck was called and I was already having a bad feeling since the day before. I don’t know why, it was just instinct. You know how your heart palpitates for no reason? I even dreamt that I cried the night before. I digress. So yeah, the car.
It slipped from the tow truck.

My husband, the superhero in disguise however managed to jump into the car and pulled the hand brake. The damage? Well the driver’s door is damaged and along the way it scraped our neighbor’s car as well. Thank God the tow truck company will pay for everything (hey why don’t you guys just get me a new car please) and hopefully we’ll get our car back by end of the week.

That aside, I’m grateful that:
  1. No one got hurt (imagine if my husband was standing in the way or our other car was behind the tow truck)
  2. This gives me a chance to take the public transport. It’s tiring but hey I could use some exercise! 
   Talking about public transport, it has been an exhausting journey so far. Well, perhaps because it’s been a while since I last had an (any) exercise and I guess my body just refuse to cooperate haha.  I don’t enjoy being pushed but when the train is slightly empty and I get to sit, I find it so enjoyable to immerse myself in reading. Trying to sleep gracefully in the train has been a challenge so far though! 

i

No comments: