Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Bakar

We celebrated our 8th anniversary last month. Since it's puasa month, it's definitely buka puasa option for us. Not wanting to go for those overpriced Ramadhan buffets, Husband suggested Bakar, over at Lorong Kurau near NST.

Place pretty small, so imagine my surprise when we had to sit facing the kitchen. So much for an intimate anniversary celebration. -_-
But that's okay, 'coz at least I get to see the cooks at work and give them the death glare if the food comes late.


Alhamdulillah the food came on time. Below has got to be my favorite appetizer. That's ox tongue y'all! Served with egg Benedict and the gravy is just to die for. Or to order a second round.  


Husband's roasted duck. I'm not a big fan of ducks, but I'll make this one an exception.


I ordered spring chicken. If you eat the chicken alone, it will be quite salty. Hence why you need to combine everything - the white sauce thing, chilli, that pinkish radish (kinda sweet), pita bread. The result, heaven in your mouth.



Below is the much talked about charcoal pavlova. It's a bit too tangy for me, but great nonetheless. 


We will definitely come again! 

Bakar Restaurant
11A, Lorong Kurau, Taman Bukit Pantai, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.
Phone: +60 3-2280 0073

1 comment:

Amyz! said...

Laparnya tengok... :-p