Tuesday, August 13, 2013

rant #53086


I disagree.
Sorry, just need to rant a little.
So a colleague lost everything in a blaze. He has a newborn baby (who is still in neonatal ICU) and a small family that would probably need to build back their life from scratch.
So our office is organizing a week-long donation drive for him. "Only monetary donation?" I asked.
"Yes, that's what he prefers right now".
Look, I know that money is important, that cash is king. But I felt that if we also donate physical items like clothes, food, school items etc. would that be great too? I'm not trying to be a scrooge here but during this time of need, money isn't everything.
Oh well, it's his call. I can't imagine having to go through this terrible thing when we're all happily celebrating Raya.

No comments: