Thursday, January 30, 2014

happy new year

CNY lunch over at ichibanboshi Publika today. Food was good and had a good laugh with my usual Japanese Friday lunches kakis. Fine, this is probably by 3rd time hanging out with this set of colleagues but they're nice. We earlier made a reservation at gyu-kaku, then i realised that it's a bbq-concept resto. ugh. i don't do bbq/steamboat. i don't fancy the idea of going to a restaurant but then you have to cook your own meal? next.



Had early dinner in Bangsar today. KGB burger was closed (i think) so we opted for The Daily Grind. Meatloaf for me (not bad) and basic burger for him (mediocre).




Falling asleep as type this. Rumi is next to me coloring his pirate book and Emre is giggling away watching johnny english (whaaat?). Zumba for me late morning tomorrow and probably gonna spend the long weekend attempting to start running. we'll see.

Tiring day for me. our company won a bunch of investment awards (received the congratulatory email today) and i foresee a hectic week next week! make that two congratulatory emails because my universal banking team was selected to make another presentation to the higher ups. so honored! this means they like our proposal. the only thing yang tak best is because I was the main presenter for the previous presentation. i can already imagine my team mates pujuk-ing me to present again. ugh.

i may hate being an emcee but i do enjoy public speaking because i am full of shit and the audience love all the slip-ups and my unstoppable spiel of  merapu-ness haha.

happy new year. came to work today determined to make a big step in life soon. okay maybe after my bonus. i don't know. 

No comments: