Tuesday, September 16, 2014

rejuvenate

So happy that I finally get to share the beauty of Bali with the husband! If it wasn't for the BII Maybank Bali Marathon 2014, god knows when will I be able to drag him to this slice of heaven that I keep coming back to. The Bali I knew 6 years ago has changed so much but the kindness of the Balinese is something that has not changed. 

We didn't encounter many problems throughout the trip - because every single glitch had its own silver lining. Flight got delayed - but we ended up getting a hotel upgrade to a 5 star hotel (thanks Agoda!). Got lost on foot for half an hour trying to look for a restaurant recommended by The Guardian - but we settled for a much cheaper much tastier restaurant. Thought we ran our of money - only to find that my money has doubled in my wallet - which until now has left me baffled. Magic!

Can't wait to go back next year, hopefully with the kids and me running my first marathon outside Malaysia. Fingers crossed!

The view from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, Kuta.

Loving the art exhibition at the hotel.

Marathon man.

Uluwatu. My first time here.

Some random temple in Ubud.

Anomali Cafe! Love the coffee here. We also tried the coffee luwak in Gianyar - I GET WHAT THE FUSS IS ALL ABOUT NOW.

Kenanga Boutique Hotel in Ubud. A picture of calm and peace.

* Photos here are from my LX5. More photos from the iPhone soon. 
Call these brothers if you're looking for knowledgeable and friendly guides:
+62 812 36714275 - Ngurah
+62 813 37911478 - Made' Roy 
+62 813 38668693 - Komang Ari

Cheap taxi from Ubud to Ngurah Rai airport:
+62 819 99245666 - Yudi

1 comment:

Neri said...

love your pics!