Saturday, September 27, 2014

Cak cak cak

I've always wanted to see the kecak performance because it seems hypnotizing and I'm sure the performance would be out of this world. We thought we were going to watch the show in Uluwatu, judging by the massive volume of eager tourists flocking the place once the gate opens.

But ack, no, our driver Ngurah said he'll take us elsewhere (was it Batu Bulan?). I can't recall where we ended up, because the ride to the place was so nauseating. To avoid the traffic jam Ngurah took some crazy ass winding roads and for the first time in years I felt like throwing up in the van.

So yay, kecak! I was so excited to see the show. Halfway through, we started to realize that some of the dancers weren't really concentrating - hence taking our attention away from enjoying the 'hypnotic' dance. Even funnier was one of the dancers was busy poking the female lead (who looks like Fasha Sandha I swear to god) and she kept swatting his hand away kah kah kah. Humor aside, I was kind of disappointed because I came so far to watch a half-hearted dance! Sigh. 

Perhaps we should have gone for the one at Uluwatu instead. 

This guy seems like he's in pain though.
Spot the Fasha Sandha y'all.




Oh well, at least this is off my bucket list now.

No comments: