Friday, October 04, 2013

The Social and Coffea Coffee

(The post that was not meant to be)

I don't fancy ordering set lunch because most of the time they taste like crap. The Social is one of those places. 

Had baked potato skins for appetizer (the <20 bucks set lunch comes with an appetizer and a main course) and let me tell you something. They're probably not baked. Instead, they were probably dunked in oil deeper than the ocean (or how chanyeol the Korean namja would say: deePEARL than the ocean) and served to us. The oil oozing out of the potatoes... I can't even explain. 


My carbonara was tasteless, despite it having the right amount of cheese and cream and bacon that would probably make master pok break down and cry and wail why why must you eat this!!
But that's okay, I didn't finish it anyway. 


My lunch partner Serene-Na had grilled chicken sandwich which looked delicious and is probably delicious too. I didn't even bother to try. 


Oh well. Maybe I'll try something else next time. 






We then hit Coffea Coffee before rushing back to the office. Coffee's pretty decent and I guess you can't go wrong with Korean baristas haha. I drink San Fran coffee on a weekly basis (where can afford daily meh I'm at the lower end of the middle class misfortune) because Starbucks/Coffee Bean are soooo overrated. Looking forward to try more Coffea because they have Belgian cocoa oooh! If only Bangsar is less punishing these days with impossible parking luck and scorching hot weather. 


I'm all packed and ready to go. One more day to go at work and I'm stumped with impossible deadlines. Sigh. 




No comments: