Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Whistle Thistle




So much for wanting to write a hotel review! Alas, not enough photos. Fail.
I took no photos of the hotel except for the pool and my kids goofing around in the kids playroom! *slaps head*

Anyway, by some stroke of bad luck and silver lining we booked a room for 2 nights at Thistle PD. Didn’t even know they have a Thistle in PD but being an agoda.com web crawler it was our third best option after Avillion and Grand Lexis. We paid about 800 bucks (not sure if that’s a good deal) but I needed a mini holiday with my family so belasah je lah.

Well I’m glad we stayed there because (this is where laziness kicks in and I start writing in pointers):
· Kids-centric hotel with a clown waiting at the lobby! Note to self, Rumi hates clowns. For a zombie-lovin kid, this is kinda weird of him haha
· Massive swimming pool with 3 kiddie pools
· It’s at the Teluk Kemang side, which means we get to avoid the crazy traffic in PD itself
· Good food. We didn’t try the buffet/breakfast but we did order in. The burger and club sandwich are delicious!
· Room is spacious

My only gripe is that the room lighting kinda sucks. It’s too dim! I’m so used to having bedside lamps on both side of the bed.

[I just remembered I need to get myself a bedside table stat]

My husband googled what to eat in PD and we’re glad we didn’t experience anything bad so yay for that. I still dread dining out with the boys but that was compensated with a patient husband who is willing to look after kids while the wife stuff her face with food. Hehe.

Next holiday? Kelik Kelate jom.