Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dinosaurs Alive! Or maybe not.


Took the kids to see Dinosaurs Alive! (yeah it comes with an exclamation mark) at Pusat Sains Negara last Monday.
You know when I was a kid (yes we are skipping a light fandago on memory lane here) there were 2 things that I remember loving. Dinosaurs. And Pusat Sains. Oh add Smurfs too and Jem & the Hologram. I wanted to be an archeologist, I knew all the names to all dinosaurs (my favorite was the Triceratops -- how can you not love the Triceratops? Those massive ceratopsian horns look equally cute on its babies). During my brief elementary years in Kota Bharu, Pusat Sains came to Kelantan for 2 weeks and I WAS THERE EVERYDAY. But of course I never grew up to be an archaeologist, and Jurassic Park ruined everything.
Dinosaurs Alive! was a major disappointment. Yes I do know that there will be big synthetic dinos screaming their lungs out whenever you walk pass them. But I didn't expect that it would be a 5 minutes stroll along a badly lit route which reminds me of a cheap haunted house you normally find at funfairs. -_-
And now I get why Malaysian kids will never dig science. Pusat Sains Negara is falling to pieces. The science stuff hardly work and it's disheartening to see such a giant place be filled with decrepit items (probably the same items I touched back when I was a kid). Geez. Please Malaysia, make science sexy again.
But if you still wanna check out them dinosaurs, do go. Don't say I didn't warn you. 15 bucks for adult, 6 bucks for kid. But I didn't pay for my kid coz I got a coupon off a newspaper the week before. Who needs to watch Extreme Couponing. I've lived in America, we survived on coupons baby!
That is all. I'm feeling like a dinosaur myself today. ArggggghhhHhhHhhHhh.