Sunday, May 06, 2012

Chicken Chop



The family wanted to do an early birthday celebration for kid Rumi (he's turning 3 on the 8th!) so we decided to make chicken chop with brown sauce. My girl Sara C suggested the Mccormick ready-made chicken gravy and 2 hours before making the gravy I found this video on youtube. 


The gravy turned out very good! (I've never made chicken chop before, mind you). We bought the frozen chicken chop (already bread-crumbed) from a shop in Greenwood [Iwani Halal Frozen Food] and it took less than an hour to get everything ready. SIL made her delicious potato salad, and we added veggie balls and fruit cocktail (mixed fruit, susu Ideal with nata de coco) and a Thomas-themed cake. Ta-dah! 


Wait, I'm not sure if 'bread-crumbed' is the right word, but you get my point.


Not looking forward to work tomorrow. The department is in shambles, morales are low (not mine) but it's tough to be positive about work when everybody around you is just so negative. Guess I just have look ahead and keep my head high. I worked so damn hard to get to where I am now. I don't feel the need to apologize for getting the better attention, the better pay or the better bonus, no? Work as a team, but by the end of the day, you still need to push yourself to the limits especially when you have a demanding boss.* 


Enough ranting about work. I cleared my credit card today. My shoulders feel less heavy now. 




* If you can't stand the heat, leave the kitchen. And that's that.