Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dancing Fish

Oh I'm on a roll now. But all my posts are all food-related. :)

   

Anyway, I was telling my husband perhaps we should go on a dinner date at least once a month. Something we should have done long ago.

So last month we went to Dancing Fish. I earlier wanted to revisit Avanti over at Sunway Hotel because they serve the best Italian food there but I had to opt for a resto closer to the office. So Dancing Fish it was, a Malay_Indo joint located on the 3rd floor of BSC.

 

As you know, the 'dancing fish' refers to the fish fried in such a way that makes the fish look like it's dancing. Woah. I very the jakun.

The fish itself is very crispy, even the bones. We also had some side dishes – kangkong belacan and cumi-cumi (fried squid).  What else did we order, ah yes, drinks. Roy had timun soda, an ice-blended concoction of cucumber and er, soda. I had a Shirley Temple I think– did I? or did I not? Eh wait, I had watermelon lah. God this is probably the lousiest food review you've ever read because I am trying to recall everything from memory and we all know my memory is as short as my hair these days. Ha! Pemalas.

 

If you must know there are 3 types of rice to choose from here, and oh, for appetizer we were served with bitter crackers and sambal pedas.  A wonderful combination I must say. To top everything off we had shaved ice with mango for dessert. Nice.

 

The bill? We hit up about RM130++ for 2 pax, not cheap, but good food, great service, I can't ask for more.

 

Reservation is important here as the place is always packed. Tried to go there for lunch without making any reservation, jangan harap.

 

I think I'm done with my food spiel for now. If there's something I don't mind spending money on, it's definitely food. Food glorious food!

No comments: