Wednesday, February 03, 2016

#girlboss



If you ask me, the transition from being a normal staff to a superior is a tough one. I mean, you took this long to climb up the corporate stairs and the minute you're a step in the 'mid-to-high management level' team you secretly wish that you're back to square one again. 

People say I'm too nice and we all know leaders are not nice. Then you need to face the change of peers who should not longer be your friends because hey they should listen to you now. Then you gotta face bigger responsibilities, because boo-hoo you need to manage your team or else.

There is so much to do, to learn, to be calm about, to make mistakes, to fall and get up again. I'm guessing this teething period will pass, sooner or later.

I'm on MC today which was completely unheard of back when I was just a normal staff. Sigh.

No comments: