Monday, November 23, 2015

Nearing 7

My first-born wore his Standard 1 uniform (bought only yesterday, mind you) for his assessment test today. Yup, same kid who’s had so many adventures in the hospitals, same kid who broke his brother’s tooth, same kid who just recently recovered from a bad case of eczema.

Next year he’s standard 1 already! So bummed I couldn’t be there for him this morning because I had an event that I couldn’t wiggle myself out of. While we constantly feel sorry for ourselves for not being able to send him to a private school we do hope that he will do well. I’m gonna wait until the day before his official 1st day of school to cut his hair because to quote what I just read from an article titled ‘Why I Don’t Want to Cut My Son’s Hair’:

“Because ultimately, I just don’t want that kid to grow up.”

That’s completely true.

This afternoon at Jaya, I saw a former singer with his frail mother. She can still walk, but he was holding her hand and not a single moment did he ever let go. “I hope my sons will grow up to be like him,” I said to myself. Not as a singer, but as good men who will continue to care for me even when I’m too old to be cool.

Ah, Ibu getting melancholic. Can’t wait to get home to hug my Rumi today. 

Abang Rumi probably half awake here. <3

1 comment:

Amyz! said...

Kenapa I pulak rasa sebak ni? T__T