Saturday, July 06, 2013

rumi the samson

I am never gonna hear the end of it about Rumi's hair kan?
The other day my colleague asked Hey Nate, when are you cutting your daughter's hair?

Very funny. She has been having issues with Rumi's hair since day one.
"His hair is too long!"
"Cut his hair already! He's starting to look like a girl!"

Excuse me, for the record, I did cut his hair like a boy okay. Once. And people still think he's a girl. Since then we (okay, I) stopped cutting his hair. Maybe just a trim here and there. Especially his bangs. But he has gorgeous hair, why let it all go to waste?

Besides, having long hair does not dictate your life or your future. I've had boy haircut (like really short boy haircut here) for years until I was old enough to dictate my father* that I'm sick of having short hair! If Rumi is happy with long hair, so be it.  If Rumi wants to keep his long hair in school, then we'll find him a private school. Unless his hair is a deterrent for him or his movement, then we'll (consider) cutting.

Or if he starts looking like Ren from Nu'est.

I'm a boy.

My handsome boy.


Heheh.

My father always wanted a boy. He stopped teaching me how to play football when my brother was born.