Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rumi has it

My kid turned 1 few weeks back. Actually I have been planning a huge robo-themed party for him (been doing research for best robot parties) since early this year. But of course by the time May datang, a. I was broke b. I had no venue and I was looking at some mommies blogs and how they celebrated their kids' birthdays and got completely turned off and stopped reading mommies blogs altogether. Dramatik betul.

Actually, my kid turning 1 was the time to reflect on my 'report card'. Pasti banyak merah. I hate being a weekend mom. I nak anak I sentiasa handsome and smart but all I ever (secretly) teach him is
Korean phrases. Whenever he gets sick that is when I feel the lousiest, because I am at work writing about the economy when I should be home hugging him tight. Banyak sangat kekurangan yang perlu dibaiki.

But my kid had a nice birthday anyway. 3 separate cozy small celebrations - terima kasih semua. I think we'll have a proper birthday when he's old enough to map his life & choose whatever he wants - robots, cars or a full hip-hop party. All I know when he turns 3, I'm getting him his first turntable! \o/

I love you, kid. Let's rock the world.

No comments: