Thursday, July 13, 2017

the minimalist project

I've embarked on my own personal frugal x minimalism journey to keep my mind off things. 
It's a slow and steady process as there are a lot of things that we need to get rid of. the rule of the thumb is simple, if something you own no longer sparks joy or no longer has any significance in your life, get rid on.

Often, the subject of hoarding or cluttering is often connected to "not being able to let go" but slowly I have started to throw away, or donate. Some of the items I'm unsure of I still keep, because I really just can't decide, you know for sentimental values. Like, my late father's coffee table. It's a gorgeous piece, but I really don't have space for it.

I'm so glad there is a CRCbox near my house, a non-profit organization that collects items for recycling / donation. The boys' old clothes that they can no longer fit or my clothes that I think I can fit again once I lose some weight (let's be real here, it's never gonna happen) all go to the box. Another option is I can send them to H&M and get discount vouchers in return.

Today we got the CRCbox team to come over to collect our old sofa, TV, computer table and closet. I bought a new closet, albeit a smaller one, but at least it'll keep me reminded that hey, don't buy so much clothes, you don't have space for it. Looking forward to this weekend so that I can start picking what goes to the new closet and what to give away! 

Like I said, it's a slow and steady process, but definitely a fulfilling one.

Now to get my husband to part with his items hmm....

No comments: