Wednesday, June 15, 2016

when

One of my favorite questions to ask people who ​decide to cover up is "when did you decide that it's the right time?".
 
Granted, you don't need an excuse to 'berhijab' like artis Malaya sorang tu yang kononnya started wearing one because her hair was thinning hehe. But it's always nice to know.
 
My CEO for example, started wearing one a fews days into Ramadhan last year. I think it was a few weeks after her birthday and she said "if you still don't change when you hit 40 then something must be wrong somewhere". The weekend before the change she went on a shopping spree hehe.
 
Another colleague on the other hand had always wanted to wear one since her father died a couple of years back. One day she just decided that this is the right time.
 
Me... I don't know. I can feel it coming though haha. Today after a meeting in town I went out to Jalan TAR with a collueage and borong many colors! The other day I felt like strangling someone at work. I don't know how the topic of me berhijab came out (probably because I just got back from tadarus class) and she blurted out something like "Nate you jangan buat I terkejut and suddenly pakai tudung. Tak fashionable and outdated lah". EXCUSE ME?!! Granted she is a non-Muslim but I have never encountered any non-Muslims who would think this way! What an ignorant douchebag. Dampened my spirit a bit.
 
Anyways, thank you for your kind wishes and support. Watch this space!  

1 comment:

Neri said...

for kicks, you could spend lots of time going through hijabister how-to videos and being very entertained. haha. for some i'm like "if i were to attempt this i'd end up REALLY PISSED"