Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Kenanga Boutique Hotel Ubud


Now, finding in Ubud was a problem for me because while I (thought) I knew Kuta at the back of my hand, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Ubud.

And here's a little confession: I am terrified of paddy fields. And most hotels in Ubud are surrounded by them.

I am trying to recall a movie, not sure whether it was a Malay or Indo movie, but I remember at the ending of the movie, the father was so angry at his kids that he 'threw' his kids upward into the sky. It was set in a paddy field and I'm sure it's not some figment of my imagination! I suspect it's that Ranjau Sepanjang Jalan movie but googling can only do so much and I couldn't find any reference to it. Perhaps I should try reading the book. But I'm not even sure if this is the movie or some B-grade indo movie damnit!

Watched a lot of movie hantu from Indonesia when I was a kid. My dad (bless his soul) has been an avid fan of Indo movies back then.

But I digress.

Best option to find a hotel? Tripadvisor it. So when I saw Kenanga Boutique Hotel ranked at Top 15 in Ubud, I'm sold. Time was running out anyway. Albeit the paddy field surrounding the hotel, I must say it was pretty cool to stay there. No noise, great food, free charter to Ubud (7 minutes away from the hotel) and despite my eternal loathing for the fields, we managed to go for a short run in the morning and the staff was nice. We couldn't check out late because the room that we stayed in was a tourist favorite but they were kind enough to provide a room for my marathon man to shower (he clocked in 5:47 for 42 km).

Room starts at MYR400++. Definitely coming back. Well, at least that's what my husband said to the receptionist. Heheh.

No comments: