Friday, April 04, 2014

Just the 1:30am brain talking

I just wanted to hear him say he loves me. Is that too much to ask?!
A colleague lamented. Mind you she has been married for close to 20 years and is one of the happiest smug married couple I know. 

But I guess love works in mysterious ways. She craves for his verbal affirmation, although you know that he loves her more than life itself. I guess by the end of the day you have to make do with what you have. For the lack of a better word, bersyukurlah. 

It's been a trying week. Both the dad and the Rumi tested positive for Influenza A, which explains the terrible flu-fever-cough-fatigue symptoms they experienced. I only came back to work on Wednesday, with oh, just a couple of hundreds of emails to clear. It's amazing how I manage to drive to work in the morning this week with eyes half open and mind clearly thinking of soft pillows and a warm blanket. 

Still unsure with what to do with my bonus. Fix the car a bit. Go on a holiday. Invest. Invest some more. ASB2 is open for subscription and private retirement scheme needs topping up. On the other hand, the irrational side of my brain is chanting invest invest invest in a nice handbag, your deserve it (although your man will never understand it). The same chant I hear every March lol. 


A picture of my little Olaf. These days he is Russell from Up. Either way he is getting warm hugs every single day. 

xoxo

No comments: