Thursday, February 14, 2013

I took a picture with my brother yesterday. I can't really remember the last time I smiled for the camera with him. Maybe it was on my wedding day.
Most of the time he frustrates me, where is your direction in life? How much money do you have in your savings account right now? What are your plans for the future?
 
I dont blame him. Growing up, he's always been protected by our Queen Mother and to this day, their stories together of how he took care of my grandmother till her last breath continues to warm my heart. By the time Mok passed away after my father, he was a lost kid trapped in a man's body. We decided that he should move to KL and start over and until today, I still find myself worrying about him.
 
We have never been close. Him, being lampooned in Kota Bharu and me in KL, I just couldn't really connect with him. I guess the past few years since his move I've been trying to mend everything. Not a daunting task except both of us are the quite types, so you can imagine the dramatic pauses and the sound of crickets throughout our meals together! But now I take pride in nagging him. I'm not too concerned about his personal life, boy can try to mend his broken heart for as long as he wants but when it comes to his savings, I'm on full mak nenek mode. I'm thankful that he is not the rebellious type, I mean we started pretty late on his savings, but he's been saving diligently for the past few years. I should know, I've been keeping the money for him!
 
My prayer for Aiman is that one day he will grab life by its horns and soar like the wind. I want him to find a better job, a nicer girlfriend etc. but he should do it on his own accord. Ganbatte!
 
And oh, Happy Valentine's Day. Spread the love.

No comments: