Sunday, April 08, 2018

Our family vacation to Hong Kong 2018

I told you I'll be back to Hong Kong! This time with my little family in tow from 18-21 March. Too short of a trip but since we're planning a bigger trip for end Autumn, this will do for now.

Why go back to a place I've been before you ask? Why the hell not? Why do I keep going back to Japan? Again, why the hell not? At least I'm travelling am I? And you're not? Hehe. I just like going back to familiarity I guess. I mean I'd love to visit Prague or the Machu Picchu or New York one fine day but they're kinda expensive you know?


God, what can I say, I love Hong Kong so much! We're lucky to find a good hotel with easy access to Starbucks (what) and public transport - Harbour Bay Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui. Due to time constraint, we had to skip few items I had in mind, like the lights show at the bay, dim sum, among other things. But that's okay, there's always next time.  


Travelling with kids is another challenge altogether and it's really really frustrating guys. Dramatic kids I mean. But I hope they had fun as much as I did at least. Idris developed a passion for roller coasters at Disneyland (ok crying after the Space Mountain doesn't count) and Imaan 'met' his beloved basketball player Madame Tussaud's. Hehe.


While I plan for my next escapade (Kota Bharu please), Hong Kong will always be in my heart. Maybe it's something about growing up to Hong Kong dramas (before the Hallyu Wave took over of course).

Till next time HK!

No comments: