Sunday, January 08, 2017

New horizon

Never in my life I thought I'd ever sleep in an oil vessel but slept I did. Flew to Bintulu on the 4th for a last minute work assignment. I had my reservations about sleeping in a ship, trust me, it's not about getting sea sick 'coz I never do but it's the fear of drowning. But work is work, and fear aside, I took a morning flight to a town I've never been before.

Watched Cold War 2 (Aaron Kwok, Tony Leung) dan damsonnnnnn Aaron Kwok is looking so fine. Growing old gracefully, that man. Thought I could finish the book that I'm currently reading too but I got distracted by the movie. I loved the movie so much I watched it again on my flight back. :)



While we wait for our boat to the ship, we had lunch at Sushi King. Eyyy I didn't know the existence of these delicious eggs man! I wouldn't recommend the soft-shell crab though.  


The speed boat. Took us 30 minutes to reach the vessel.

Trivia: Back in uni I can speak Sarawakian. 

Obligatory feet shot.
 My cabin was pretty decent. Since the vessel was manufactured in Korea, almost everything was made in Korea. Even the blanket hehe. I was slightly worried that I might be claustrophobic but by midnight I was dead asleep. I'm sure the smell of gas from the vessel killed a handful of my brain cells that night though hehe. 



Fancy table lamp there, also made in Korea. Tak sempat sentuh dah nyala. Power!

Subhanallah, Allah is indeed Great. 

The food on board was delicious. For dinner we were served nasi beriani kambing and had nasi lemak for breakfast. The Captain and crew were nice to us as well. I did feel a bit sad when it was time to leave, because I think I may have fallen in love with the sea that have scared me so much all my life. 

Since we had few hours to burn before our flight, our driver took us to Pasar Tamu Bintulu where we bought:

  • ikan bilis mata biru (dengar khabar sedap gilak)
  • belacan bintulu
  • ikan masin
  • ikan terubuk masin


My SIL messaged me to find Gery Saluut Malkist in bintulu. Tengah viral katanya. So we went to Time Square to look for them. Wah the cheese ones were sold out at the supermarket there! Bought chocolate ones first. But we then later managed to find some in a small shop in the same mall.
Okaylah jugak. Nyaman rasanya. 

Belacan and ikan terubuk masin. 
Not sure when will I get the chance to do this again but I'm guessing there'll be more. I danna. Allah knows best. 

No comments: