Monday, November 26, 2012

money talks the walk

Proof that Rumi and I not only share the same look but also our immune system is pretty shit these days!
3-day weekend was cut short on sunday because I got sick and he was coughing non-stop (my niece who slept over was coughing in the first place).
Haish.
 
I don't know about you but I've signed up for the Private Retirement Scheme (PRS) recently. Goes to show how much I fear the future, financially that is.
Let's face it, by the time you retire, your EPF money that you've saved up all your lives will probably be gone in 2-3 years. This is a fact, guys.
So now I've got PRS, EPF, ASB, TH to back our future up.
Lately, no, not lately, since Emre was born, people have been asking "so when is the third one?".
And when I say "see budget first, you know I need to take into account the inflation rate and all.." then they start preaching to me about rezeki yada yada yada...
 
Recently, a colleague said "you think like a Chinese", well I rather think like a Chinese than act like a Malay no? Let's face it, we Malays are pretty terrible at saving money. I for one, is still suffering from my parents' fiscal mistake and I hope that my husband and I will reach that financial freedom we've been dreaming of sooner or later. I believe in rezeki, but until that rezeki comes knockin on my humble door (a couple of times I hope) I need to keep a comfortable nest egg for the future.
 
Now, would Julia Ahra make a perfect name for a baby girl? Heheh.

No comments: